Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
St. Paul, MN 55114 United States
Full Benefit Package
Meetings / Expositions / Events
Ewald Consulting is a leading Association Management company based in St. Paul Minnesota. Our Meeting planning department provides convention, event and trade show management worldwide through the expertise of our meeting professionals, who manage every facet and detail of our client organizations' events. Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to create an enjoyable conference experience for all attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, while ensuring a successful outcome based on the organizations' event objectives.
Job Duties: This position is part of the Meeting Planning team responsible for all activities related to event planning for State and/or National Associations. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and be responsive to customer needs. The Meeting Planner will report directly to the VP, Meeting and Event Management.
Education, training, experience:
• Manage assigned projects in the area of meeting/event planning for a variety of meetings, conferences and workshops.
• Develop and track budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries and reconcile event invoices.
• Ensure all logistical details including room set-up, audio visual, transportation, housing, and food and beverage for meetings are planned effectively.
• Participate in contract negotiations and evaluations with a variety of vendors for meetings.
• Participate in the strategic planning meetings for all meetings and events to ensure continual improvement.
• Monitor and meet timelines and tight deadlines for multiple events.
• Establish, develop and maintain good relationships with clients and suppliers.
• Onsite management.
• Other duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the Association and Company.
• Share best practices of successful programs from previous experience.
• Consult with Volunteers using a strategic approach to determine meeting purpose/objective. Based on objectives identified, design, plan and execute the program.
• Work directly with committees to develop and finalize program format, agenda, topics, speakers, entertainment and special events.
• Manage multiple meetings and projects simultaneously while maintaining highest level of client and customer satisfaction.
• Communicate pro-actively with volunteers on an ongoing basis to manage expectations and to lead program work.
• Lead volunteers in the identification and sourcing of any third party goods and/or services.
• Draft and distribute necessary RFPs (DMC, entertainment, etc.).
• Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions with suppliers/vendors to secure best possible value for goods and/or services. This includes all vendor contracts (DMC, Hotel, Production/Audio Visual Companies, Entertainment Agencies etc.) Planner will also be responsible for identifying cost savings and program recommendations to internal client.
• Draft line item budget and track and manage program finances monthly
• Audit invoices and provide Cost Benefit Analysis report included in the Post Event Report that identifies actual meeting expenditures as well as cost savings achieved as well as overall planner program recommendations.
• Reconcile budget to actual at conclusion of program.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
• Strong writing, communications and relationship management skills
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Minimum of 2 to 4 years of meeting planning experience; international meeting planning preferred
• Ability to work in a face paced environment
• Concurrent management of national, regional, or local meetings
• Contract negotiations with venues and vendors
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (minimum)
• Availability to travel to locally and nationally
• Availability to work evenings and weekends and in excess of 40 hours per week regularly; Travel: 30-40%
Terms & Conditions